A country nestled in Western Asia and boasting of its eye-catching sand dunes, Kuwait offers sheer joy to the visitors. From the best of experience of traditional Islamic Culture to the finest shopping malls and skyscrapers, this is a country that has it all. In fact, there are a total of four airports in Kuwait, out of which, the Kuwait International Airport is the only civil airport receiving travelers.
So, here's more on the top airports that are located in Kuwait.
Top Airports In Kuwait One Needs To Know About
Here are some of the top airports that need to know about in Kuwait.
1. Kuwait International Airport
The only airport in Kuwait being used for commercial arrivals and departures, the Kuwait International Airport is one of the most world-class airports in the world and offers a number of facilities to the visitors. Nestled on the South of the capital, Kuwait City, the airport is the only option for travelers arriving in the country. Besides, here’s what you need to know more about the Kuwait International Airport.
Terminal Facilities Offered To The Visitors-
There are a number of facilities that travelers avail at the Kuwait International Airport, and here’s what you need to know about them.
- Money Exchange - Handling all the commercial Kuwait flights that depart or arrive, the Kuwait International Airport offers a total of two banks that provide money exchange services to the visitors within the large terminal. This service particularly is quite handy as travelers get to easily exchange currency for use on their travels.
- Food Outlets - Now here’s a thing, if you’re a culinary lover who just landed in Kuwait, the Kuwait City Airport might just be one of the places to visit in Kuwait for you. Home to a number of restaurants and food outlets, this is a place that offers the best possible experience off food to the visitors. In fact, available at the commercial center which is right next to the arrivals hall, one can find numerous food outlets, an Italian restaurant, and even several coffee shops to keep your spirits high.
- Shopping Facilities - Are you a shopaholic? Well, the Kuwait International Airport might have a number of options available for you. The terminal is home to a number of duty-free shops that offer top of the line shopping experience to the visitors.
- Lost & Found - Lost something at the airport? Well, Kuwait International Airport will help you find it. Visitors can easily file a lost complaint at the airport without any hassle or can even file a lost complaint online through the airport’s website.
- Additional Facilities At The Airport - Apart from a number of facilities offered by the Kuwait International Airport, visitors even get a number of additional facilities like a nursery, a children’s play area, a medical center, and so much more. The airport is even nestled close to some of the finest hotels in Kuwait that travelers can try.
Suggested Read: Airports In Qatar That Promises A Hearty Welcome
Airport Facilities Offered To The Visitors -
White the terminal offers a wide range of facilities to the visitors upon Kuwait Airport Arrival, there are a couple of general airport facilities too that the visitors can avail. Here’s what you need to know about them.
- Communication Made Easy - Now here’s an interesting fact about the Kuwait International Airport, the visitors departing or arriving at the airport get free Wi-Fi facility at numerous points of the airport. One can access the internet at places like the entrance hall, luggage collection point, departure areas, and much more.
- Conference & Business Facilities - Business and conference facilities don’t get any better than the Kuwait International Airport. One can get fax and internet facilities at the two first-class lounges at the airport while there are also facilities like a conference hall, courier services, and even secretarial support to the visitors.
- Car Parking Facility - Car parking isn’t a problem at Kuwait City Airport. The airport has both long and short term parking facility that can accommodate up to 2500 cars at the same time. Likewise, visitors can even opt for a multi-story car park which is exactly adjacent to the commercial center.
- Facilities For People With Disabilities - The Kuwait International Airport even provides a number of facilities for people with disabilities. The airport has a separate lift that takes the visitors from the ground floor to the first floor. There is a parking facility close to the terminal that is provided to the visitors. One can even avail a number of other facilities. However, any person with a disability who is traveling to the airport is requested to inform the airport in case of any further assistance prior to arrival.
- Car Rental From The Airport - Need to hire a vehicle for your travels? Well, the Kuwait International Airport is home to a number of top International car hire companies like Avis, Budget, Dollar, and many more including a number of local companies that provide car hiring services.
Suggested Read: Airports in the Maldives: Top Ones Traveler Needs To Know About
2. Ahmad al-Jaber Air Base
The Ahmad al-Jaber Air Base is one of the most important airbases in Kuwait and is home to three Kuwait Air Force F/A-18 C/D squadrons. While providing a strategically important ground for Kuwait Air Force, the base has a designated area for the US Air Force and its allies. In fact, in May 2016, the United States Air Force's 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing moved to the Ahmad al-Jaber Air Base.
3. Ali Al Salem Air Base
Another military airbase in Kuwait that is nestled about 23 miles away from the Iraqi border, the Ali Al Salem Air Base is owned by the government of Kuwait and serves as another important point as far as Kuwait Air Force is concerned. Residing at an elevation of 472 feet, the base has two runways and has a long history that dates back to the Gulf War or Operation Desert Fox and Operation Telic.
Things To Do At Kuwait Airport
1. Visit The Kuwait Airport Duty Free
One of the leading companies, Diasa is the field of airport duty free management in the world, with years of experience. It has over 273 stores in over 16 countries spread over 4 continents with 3,300 employees. As a part of the Autogrill group, the remaining shares of the company have been divided between Alpha duty-free company and world duty free company. Autogrill is one of the biggest companies that manage free markets around the world after being an Italian company that specializes in fast food. After being given an award for the best duty-free shops, several more duty-free shops have been opened up at the Kuwait international airport by Diaa and its local chain partners. The company along with its partners have opened up several markets that have spread in the various regions of the country along with the free market project. Most of them have been found in hotels and shopping places.
The duty-free shops are found in the transit area of the Kuwait airport transit and offer several products of international brands. Sections for perfumes, cosmetics, gold shops and section for sweets were opened along with other new shops have opened up. These shops were opened up for travelers passing through the gate way. The staff offers the best and excellent services to all the travelers passing by. The duty-free shops offer a range of deals to people to offer fun during their trip. Passengers who are waiting for their flights can spend time shopping, which is one of the ideal things to do in Kuwait.
It is suggested that passengers come to the airport early to enjoy the deals presented. People can buy several gifts for their near and dear ones from the duty-free market places as it promises to make shopping meaningful and memorable.
2. Airport Hotel
One of the most distinguished and elite hotels, Safir airport hotels offer the best hotel services and amenities to people. It is conveniently located 200 meters from the main Kuwait International airport terminal building. Despite being a hotel only for transit passengers, the hotel is different in making the journey easy and comfortable for transit travelers who make up for several guests and despite being a short while that guests spend in the hotel, there are several facilities that are offered to them which include centrally air -conditioned rooms, with three layer insulating windows, making it an oasis of calm away from the airport.
Passengers who wait for more than 8 hours before their next flight with any airline, is allowed to avail of the free accommodation at the ambassador's expense at the airport. The aim is to minimize the crowd at the airport’s lounges and of course it is quite welcoming from travelers. The airport hotel receives passengers from the terminal building directly from the aircraft yard through the buses for the transit passengers. The hotel welcome civil and military aircraft crews who arrive late at the airport or stop for a short break before their next flight.
The Safir Airport hotel takes pride in offering the best facilities and taking care of their guests demands, as it has never failed to secure rooms even during the busy times. It is a result of efficiency and eagerness of the staff who are dedicated in planning and organizing the room service for several passengers passing by. The guests are given several room choices along with fancy single and double suites. The rooms are completely furnished tastefully and with the best satellite TV. The hotel is dedicated to offering the best quality services as it has taken the initiation of investing in renovating its 5 floors, to implement the best of the best facilities and services.
The ground floor of the hotel is quite spacious as it includes an entrance hall, reception area, business services center, mosque along with rest areas including a traditional Kuwaiti diwaniyah. It also has a shopping mall with several travel facilities and accessories, cosmetics and souvenirs. There is a restaurant of the Safir Airport hotel on the ground floor which offers round the clock services with a range of Arab and international delicacies, as the first class and business class passengers enjoy the VIP treatment. There are several other benefits people can avail of like the health center and steam room, along with playing games like billiards and table tennis. If one needs help getting around, they can always get help form the Kuwait international airport guide.
Suggested Read: Stunning Things To Do In Qatar For An Unforgettable Trip
3. Kuwait Airport Restaurants
While transiting from the Kuwait international airport, people can enjoy having a cup of coffee at Starbucks and eat snacks at Cinnabon and eat fast food at Pizza express, and KFC. There are several other places to eat at the airport apart from the one’s mentioned. It is a known fact that people will feel hungry while waiting for the next flight. It is one of the many things to do in Kuwait when arriving at the airport. It is a once in a life time opportunity to avail of such facilities when visiting Kuwait. Even though these are common restaurants in other parts of the world, the taste will not be the same. So, people should take advantage and enjoy their time at the airport while waiting for their next flight.
4. Kuwait Airport Mall
As an airport mall in Kuwait is quite impressive as it offers people the best in retail and is located close to the terminal building. It is connected to the departure and arrival halls and was the first of its kind in the Middle East. With its modern architectural surroundings, travelers will have an unforgettable experience and will be something to boast about with their friends. The mall has a range of shops, kiosks, services, outlets for food and drinks.
The commercial hub is designed to attract 3 kinds of customers- the arriving passengers, meeters and greeters. There are several stores that sell perfumes, watches, sportswear, travel goods, music and books and services like banks, money exchanges, ATM cash points, car rental firms, pharmacy, clinic, an insurance kiosk, a barbershop, mobile phone stores and hotel reservation desks.
People can enjoy a range of cuisines at the food court to replenish their energy levels. The central plaza and the custom halls are linked directly out of the pickup zone and then to the short- and long-term car parks. People will enjoy shopping as it one of the ideal places to visit in Kuwait.
One of the finest countries to visit in the world, Kuwait is home to some of the finest locations that excite travelers from around the world. While there are ideally four airports in Kuwait, only the Kuwait International Airport serves as a civil airport in the country while the other three are military bases that have strategic importance for both the Kuwait Air Force and its allies. So, if you’re considering to travel to Kuwait for a holiday, take a flight to the Kuwait International Airport and relish the holiday experience.
Kuwait is home to a total of four airports, out of which, only the Kuwait International Airport is one civil airport while the other three are military airbases with a considerable significance as far as the Kuwait Air Force is concerned. Hence, for visitors considering a visit to Kuwait, Kuwait International Airport is the only option for visitors.
The second terminal for the Kuwait International Airport is expected to be operational by sometime in 2021. Currently, the airport has only one terminal functioning where travelers can get a wide range of facilities.
There are a wide range of facilities that travelers can expect to get upon their arrival at or departure from the Kuwait International Airport. While offering money exchange and shopping facilities to the visitors, there are a number of other facilities too that one can avail. There’s a children playing area, a medical center, a nursery, and so much more at the terminal.
Yes, car parking isn’t a problem at Kuwait City Airport. The airport has both long and short term parking facility that can accommodate up to 2500 cars at the same time. Likewise, visitors can even opt for a multi-story car park which is exactly adjacent to the commercial center.
Yes, visitors can hire a car from the Kuwait International Airport. The airport is, in fact, home to a number of top International car hire companies like Avis, Budget, Dollar, and many more including a number of local companies that provide car hiring services.
Yes, as far as shopping at the airport is concerned, the Kuwait International Airport might have a number of options available for you. The terminal is home to a number of duty-free shops that offer top of the line shopping experience to the visitors.
The Kuwait International Airport is located about 16 KM to the south of Kuwait City. One can easily reach the airport by hiring any local transport from the popular locations of the country.
Yes, business and conference facilities don’t get any better than the Kuwait International Airport. One can get fax and internet facilities at the two first-class lounges at the airport while there are also facilities like a conference hall, courier services, and even secretarial support to the visitors.
Another military airbase in Kuwait that is nestled about 23 miles away from the Iraqi border, the Ali Al Salem Air Base is owned by the government of Kuwait and serves as another important point as far as Kuwait Air Force is concerned.
Yes, while providing a strategically important ground for Kuwait Air Force, the base has a designated area for the US Air Force and its allies.