Book Flights to Riyadh
Riyadh is located on a desert plateau in the center of Saudi Arabia. It is the capital of the country and also the prominent financial hub of Saudi. With cheap flights to Riyadh, explore the prominent historic landmarks and discover the highlighted towers of the city. Riyadh is home to some of the best museums in Saudi Arabia
. Also, it is among the wealthiest cities in the world and a fantastic place to live in.
Best Time to Fly
Riyadh is an extremely hot desert city. The best time to plan your travel to Riyadh
is between October to March. It is the time when the climate is quite moderate and you can easily explore the city.
Top 5 Attractions in Riyadh
- Ad-Diriyah: Situated on the outskirts of north-western Riyadh, this historic area is divided into two parts and further into several quarters. The ruins here are made of the mud-brick structures and divided into three. Home to one of the most aspiring heritage developments of the kingdom. The place is truly an architectural marvel with colorful geometrical patterns. There are many restaurants and cafes dotted around where you can rest and enjoy the traditional dishes.
- Al Masmak Fort: It is amongst the most popular attractions in the city. This most historic site of Riyadh had witnessed the fortress fall of the city. Now it is restored into a museum that exhibits a glimpse of the history of the city. The well-preserved artifacts and the architecture of Al Masmak Fort attract many travelers to Riyadh.
- Deerah Souq: Situated in the old portion of Riyadh, Deerah Souq is just near to the Al Masmak Fort. It is majorly popular for antiques souq and gold souq sections. Al Masmak Fort houses hundreds of small shops displaying a plethora of things such as silver, gold, carpets, traditional clothes, furniture, and props. The souq is tourist-friendly as most of the shop owners can speak English.
It may not be the only popular souq in Riyadh but it is the interesting one since you can witness a glimpse of the history of the city through the artifacts being sold.
- The National Museum: Situated next to Murabba Palace, this place is the part of Abdul Aziz Historical Centre and full of historic artifacts. Housed in a modern building, the national museum has an extensive collection of things defining Saudi traditions and culture. From fossils to the structure to the architect, it has items from the Kingdom of Arab.
- Al Faisaliah Tower: It is one of the most iconic structures of Riyadh. The geometric design of the tower is inclined to the traditional Arabic design. It is the fourth tallest tower in the city with 44 floors. You can go up to the top of the tower to enjoy the amazing view of the city and also can shop at the base mall of the tower.
Best Outdoor Activities
- Experience Nature at Wadi Hanifa: Stretched over 120km from the northwest to the southeast of Riyadh, this place is truly nirvana. Transformed into a vast park with lakes, Wadi Hanifa is a large oasis in the deserted city. In 2001, the ArRiyadh Development Authority restored and redeveloped a dump yard into a beautiful park. People of the city head down to the city for quality time to breathe in the fresh air. Wadi Hanifa has three large ponds where you can enjoy the incredible sight.
- Dancing Fountain of the King Abdullah Park: Watch the amazing fountain show at King Abdullah Park. With last minute flight to Riyadh, dance to the beat of the music in the incredible lighting of the mountain. You can also stroll on the stunning tracks of the park with your children and have some quality time.
- Tour the Diplomatic Quarter: Take a tour of the beautiful trail through the Diplomatic Quarter. Enjoy the assortment of flora, stones, and rocks and also the exclusive Tuwaiq Palace.
How to Reach
King Khalid International Airport is the largest airport that serves the city. It has four passenger terminals out of which only three are in use. There is a mosque too in the airport with a capacity of 5,000 passengers. Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 are prominently used for international flights
while Terminal 3 is for domestic airlines. There is a Royal Terminal too which is used for VIP and state visitors and a General Aviation Terminal that caters to private aircraft.
How to Get Around
Riyadh has upgraded and expanded the road network. You can easily hire a car from car agencies available both at the airport and town. The minimum age to drive a car is 25.
You can also opt for a taxi and if you have some good negotiation skills then attempt some for long trips. However, it is not much more expensive if you travel by meter.
Traveling the city by bus is convenient and pleasant while traveling through intercountry in the Gulf can be a difficult task.
The rail system is quite well. It is operated by the Saudi Railways Organization. The rail services are divided into categories. It offers first, second, third class fully air-conditioned cars. There is no ticket charged for children under four.