Sharm el-Sheikh is one of the popular tourist centers in Egypt
and one of the world’s top diving destinations. If you are a beach lover, then this place is the perfect destination for you. Sharm el-Sheikh is a favorite place for a family-friendly vacation due to the outstanding facilities. Whether you are looking for a perfect beach vacation or you want to enjoy diving, Sharm el-Sheikh is a great choice.
Best Time to Fly
The best time to book discounted airfares to Sharm el-Sheikh
is from May to October. It is the time when the weather of the city starts to cool off and makes the city a perfect place to enjoy various water sports such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and sea walks.
This town between the desert of the Sinai Peninsula and the Red Sea is best known for clear waters, coral reefs, and sandy beaches. Sharm el-Sheikh has a lot to offer.
Top 5 Attractions in Sharm el-Sheikh
- Ras Mohammed National Park:It is the first and best kept national park in Egypt. Surrounded by coral reefs, the park has some of the world’s most stunning diving sites. It houses most celebrated beaches with offshore snorkeling. Some of the best beaches here are Aqaba Beach and Old Quay Beach. With cheap flights to Sharm el-Sheikh, head to the Shark Observatory cliff to located on the southern edge of Ras Mohammed and enjoy the magnificent view.
- Ras Um Sid Beach and Coral Reefs: It is situated between Na’ama Bay and the old Sharm el-Sheikh. It is one of the best beaches in Sharm el-Sheikh and is a perfect place for the people who are about to try diving for the first time. Many local operators it is used as a try-dive site. The beach offers plenty of fish life to witness.
- Sharm Old Market: Also known as Sharm al-Maya, Sharm Old Market is one of the oldest markets in Egypt. The best time to visit the bazaar is after sunset when you can shop and stroll around in comfort. You can find an abundance of things here including twinkling lamps, finely engraved woodwork, and traditional shisha pipes. The market has plenty of amazing restaurants and cafes where you can spend leisure time with family and friends. You can easily get a glimpse of the tradition and culture in the local atmosphere of the city.
- Naqb Protectorate: Situated on the Gulf of Aqaba, Naqb Protectorate is the largest protectorate in Egypt. This place is not very popular but still, is a relaxing place for those travelers who are looking for a good time. The mangrove here stretched along the coastline plays a vital role in conserving the surrounding ecology. This place is an ideal place to explore the beautiful mangroves while enjoying some rare bird watching. You can also find many animals like plovers, herons, terns, gulls, and the Red Sea-specific White-Eyed Gull.
The mangrove root system of mangrove plays a prominent role to filter the seawater, hence stabilizing the seahorses.
- Saint Catherine Monastery: It is one of the top historical destinations in the Sinai Peninsula. Located at the foot of Mount Sinai, it is one of the oldest working monasteries in the world. Home to the popular “burning bush” of the Old Testament, this Greek Orthodox hermitage showcases some of the sparkling collection of ancient manuscripts and religious icons.
Best Outdoor Activities
- Diving: It is one of the prominent activities in Sharm el-Sheikh. Enter the whole new world of life and colors, dive into the warm water of the Red Sea, and leave the bustling life behind. The best two spots for diving in the world are the reefs of Ras Mohammed and Tiran.
- Sinai Jeep Safari with Camel Ride and Lunch:Enjoy a jeep safari to the amazing Colored Canyon and witness the local wildlife including red foxes, Nubian ibex, and striped hyenas. You can also enjoy snorkeling in the reef gardens of the Blue Hole which is undoubtedly the most famous diving spot in Egypt.
Shopping and Nightlife
Sharm el-Sheikh has an abundance of bars, nightclubs, and discos where you can enjoy themed parties. The lounge bars and clubs offer live music where you can fun with your friends and loved ones.
Most of the nightlife of Sharm el-Sheikh is concentrated in the Naama Bay area. Situated on the waterfront, there are various shopping centres, souvenir shops, pubs, restaurants, and nightclubs. Some of the best bars and clubs in the city are Pirate’s Bar, the Sunset Bar, Hard Rock Café, Camel Bar and Roof, Cascades Pool and Bar Restaurant. And more.
How to Reach
Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport is the primary airport caters to all the international and domestic flights
to the city. It is the third busiest airport in Egypt. The airport has two terminals and the passenger terminal is well-equipped with the public transport station, taxi stand, and parking facility.
How to Get Around
Taxis are generally not considered as a convenient way to get around the city. Hence it is recommended to negotiate before taking one and paying the fares in Egyptian pounds. The airport limo is considered as the best way to reach conveniently to anywhere around the city.
Buses are one of the most convenient ways to get anywhere in the city as they are easily available and hail able.
Travelers who are thinking to get around the multiple attractions in the city in large groups must hire a minibus.