The capital city of the United States is one of the best tourist destinations. Atlanta has a unique history. It emerged as a prominent cultural and economic center. Atlanta attracts tourists with a range of
attractions including historic sites, museums, and gardens. With
cheap flights to Atlanta
, explore the renowned World of Coca Cola, the Georgia Aquarium, and many more vibrant attractions of the
With more than six million people, the city boasts cultured and quirky metroplex. Housing world-class museums, arts and theatre, cozy coffee shops, hip bars, and independent shopping centers, Atlanta has a lot to offer to everyone.
Best Time to Fly
Though Atlanta is a round-year destination, still the best time to book the cheapest airfares to Atlanta
is from late May to August. During this period the weather of the city is pleasant and also it
hosts several concerts. You can also enjoy the various best outdoor activities in the city. Being a renowned tourist destination, it is better to book flight tickets to Atlanta a bit early.
Top 5 Attractions in Atlanta
- Georgias Aquarium: It is one of the largest aquaria in the world. It is home to more than 100,000 aquatic creatures including the largest creatures in the ocean- Whale Shark. You can also see rare albino alligators and California
sea lions here. The aquarium provides you an opportunity to snorkel and dive in the tank full of sharks. Also, you can participate in the dive program but only for those who have a SCUBA diving certificate. The aquarium has an acrylic tunnel
for those who are not looking to get wet. You can walk through the tunnel full of fishes all around.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden: The garden offers a very beautiful space including flower beds and striking trees. It is a great place to stroll around. Some of the major features of the park include the Japanese Garden, the Orchid
Display House in the Fuqua Orchid Center, the Conservation Garden, the Winter Garden, and the Desert House. And two of the prominent specialties of the botanical garden are the Rose Garden and the hydrangeas. There is a special garden area
designed for children which has an elevated boardwalk that gives a wide view of the forest.
- Fox Theatre: ?Built-in the 1920s as the Yaara Temple Shrine Mosque, Fox Theatre has had an extended history and always been a favorite landmark building. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the interior of the theatre
is inspired from the restoration period. It also has a preserved collection of furniture from 1929. The performance at the theatre includes various entertainment options including ballet, operas, movies, and rock concerts.
- Piedmont Park: It is one of the oldest and largest parks in the Atlanta Metro Region. It provides amazing walking and running trails, a childrens playground, a lake with fishing piers, a sports field, and a swimming pool. Local
artists and farmers gather here on Saturdays for selling their things such as smoked biscuits, fresh peaches, handmade soaps, Irish pancakes, sheep milk caramel, and sheep cheese. You can shop whatever you want.
- High Museum of Art: The High Museum of Art was designed by architect Richard Meier and later enlarged by Italian Architect Renzo Piano with three new buildings. This museum is particularly known for its work from the 19th century.
It also has an extensive collection of the 19th-20th century, American Art. It also has an outstanding collection of European paintings and decorative art. Additionally, it includes contemporary and modern art, African art and photography.
The museum hosts an annual film series that features classic, independent, and foreign cinema
Best Outdoor Activities
- Trek Up at Stone Mountain: Stone Mountain is one of the most-visited attractions of Atlanta, Georgia. With discounted airfares to Atlanta, enjoy the incredible view of downtown Atlanta and the North Georgia Mountains. Well known for
its geology, this popular attraction features a wide variety of outdoor activities. Situated on 3,200 acres of natural beauty, this place hosts dozens of events such as the Yellow Daisy Festival, Native American Festival, Spring FUN Break,
Stone Mountain Christmas and Snow Mountain.
The Stone Mountain Park is open all year. The attractions here vary according to the season. It also hosts the worlds largest laser light show which features a fantastic fireworks finale. You can easily buy online passes for annual
- Arabia Mountain Trail: Lies in the east of Atlanta, Arabia Mountain is impossible to forget while vacationing to Atlanta. These are not mountains in reality but just a rare formation which is known as a monadnock. Spread in more
than 2,000 acres, it has a long history of more than 10,000 years. The area is distributed in sharp ridges, calm streams, and beautiful hills. The Arabia lakes, Summit Trails and Boardwalk promise a whole new outdoor experience.
- Hike Georgias Section of the Appalachian Trail: With an epic length of 78.6 miles, Appalachian Trail gives a golden opportunity to the travelers to enjoy the best hike in the iconic white-blazed trail. The hiking adventure begins
here at the tumbling waterfall at Amicalola Falls State Park. It is the tallest waterfall in Georgia. The hikers can enjoy climbing through a scenic forest to the southern end at Springer Mountain.
- Atlanta Betline Trail: This place is a perfect place for runners, walkers, bikers, spectators, and skateboarders. The route of the trail is 22 miles unused corridor consists of a network of parks and trails. While your adventure
through this beautiful trail, dont forget to stop at famous new food halls: Krog Street Market and Ponce City Market.
How to Reach
Situated seven miles in the south of the central business district, Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is the primary airport of Atlanta. It connects the city to more than 150 major destinations around the world. The airport has 192
and international gates. The airport majorly offers international service to South America, Central America, North America, Asia, Africa, and Europe. You can easily avail your discounted
airfares to Atlanta through any online ticket booking platform.
How to Get Around
MARTA is one of the best ways to get around Atlanta. It is the most famous public transportation system in the city which operates both rail and bus throughout the city. It is the cheap and best way to get around the city. You can also use the
citys newest type of transportation system, the Atlanta Streetcar. The streetcar stops by select downtown and Eastside attractions. Ride-hailing apps and taxis are also one of the options you can go with. But it might cost you much.
Driving can be a little painful as you may get stuck in the terrible congestion and scarce parking of the city.
You can rent a loaner bike from Atlantas Relay Bike Share System. But do keep in mind that some of the amazing attractions of the city are too far to get on by bike or on foot. So, it is better to choose another mode of transportation.
And some of the beautiful attractions of the city such as World of Coca-Cola, the Center for Civil and Human Rights and the Georgia Aquarium are located within walking distance. So exploring these on foot is the best option to discover the city.