Kish Island is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. It is very famous among Iranians, specifically the younger generations. The island is packed with beaches, restaurants, water activities, and attractions for a romantic and relaxing getaway.
The factor that makes the island unique is coral and reefs. The island has a giant series of tunnels in a sixteen meters depth in Coral Earth. Though the island has no elevation area, still the Qanat is one of the functioning systems in Iran. The place is fully packed with amazing attractions and things to explore for all kind of travelers.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the cheapest airfares to Kish, Iran
is from January to April. The climate of the island is hot and humid with an average temperature of 26-degree Celsius in a year.
Top 5 Attractions in Kish, Iran
- Kish Underground City: Situated 16 meters beneath the ground, this underground city is covered with shells, corals, and fossils. It is one of the famous destinations in the Middle East. Most of the travelers come to witness the beautiful work of the Persian architectural history of the amazing place. The around above the city was turned into a large park with two hills to give the place a unique view.
As the climate of the island is arid that’s why using the principle of differential pressure water was filled into a three-layered shaft. The top layer was of coral gravel, the second layer was a coral gift with clay, and the third is the filtered finer solid. Kariz Underground city is a perfect combination of ancient and modern. It houses shops, restaurants, amphitheatres, art galleries, conference centres, and traditional tea houses.
- Kish Recreational Pier: Built with wooden decks and steel piling, Kish Recreational Pier is a spectacular place to relish the magnificent sights around the island. The pier is spread over 10,000 square meters and is 437 meters long. Opened in 2007, it is a unique place to relax in the fresh air and enjoy the calmness. You can enjoy fishing of various species at the Kish coral beaches while enjoying the natural beauty. Practically, it is an amusement park that house theatres, bowling centre, and various restaurants. You can enjoy various water activities here including jet skiing and parasailing.
- Ocean Water Park: Also known as Park-e Aabi Kish, it is the first Iranian themed park. Located in Hormozgan province, the theme of the Ocean Park is based on the Mystery of the Sun Castle. Opened in January 2017, the park has 13 amazing rides, four swimming pools, two restaurants, and a spa. It also has four beverage stops, two shopping areas, and coffee shops. Situated in a predominantly Muslim area, the days for women are fixed. It also has one of the tallest rides in the area, Pichaloop with 24 meters drop.
- Birds Park: Situated in Dolphin Park, Bird Garden Kish is one of the most popular tourists attraction. It houses more than 57 species of birds including flamingos, storks, grey crowned crane, peafowls, and more. The park has two separate parts for birds. The first part of the garden has a beautiful lush garden, a lush path, and a bird cage along the path. Every cage has detailed information about the bird, the characteristics of each bird, and the type of nutrition. The visitors can easily get all the information about the bird. The second part is an open space that gives a beautiful environment to the birds to fly freely. The Kish Birds Park is a must-visit place with kids during your trip to Kish.?
- Women’s Beach: Built in the northeast of Kish, Women’s Beach is one of the best places for women to spend quality time in equipped places. Being a Muslim nation, women don’t get a chance to swim freely, so Ladies Plage was built where they can freely swim with a swimsuit or sunbathe in a safe and secure place. The facilities here include an exclusive bath with sweat water, buffet, big umbrellas, special chairs for sunbathing, and playing tools for children. When you enter the Kish Island, you will be asked to give your valuable things like gold, watch, money, etc. to a safe box.
Best Outdoor Activities in Kish Island
Whether you want to explore the Coral Reefs of Persian Gulf or you want to go for an adventurous scuba ride or you want to enjoy the smell of salt, Kish Island has it all for you. It is one of the most beautiful islands on the globe and smaller islands in the Persian Gulf.
The place is full of gorgeous beaches. Even though it is not a big island, but most of the region of the island is covered with beautiful beaches where the visitors can enjoy swimming in the waters of the Persian Gulf.
History buffs can discover the cultural heritage of the island at Qanat (aqueduct) which is now turned into an underground city and museum.
Kish Island is a trade free zone which makes it a good place to shop and trade. The price of the goods here is comparatively cheaper than in the main city. Most people visit the island to buy duty-free clothes, cosmetics, and electronic items. There are various shopping malls and shopping centers, where you can buy whatever you want.
Due to its hot and humid weather, most of the shops are closed from 13:00 until 17:30 and some stay open late night.
How to Reach
Kish Island Airport is the primary airport of the Kish Island. It caters to all the international flights
from all the major destinations around the world.
How to Get Around
Walking is the best option to get around the island. Although, you can easily find taxis but without meters. It is recommended to negotiate fares in advance before taking one.