Out of the many things that Saudi Arabia offers, a safari experience here is something that is not to be missed. With serene views, numerous activities, and a perfect night’s experience, there’s a charm about a desert safari in Saudi Arabia that travelers get to embrace. Speaking of some locations, a desert safari in Riyadh is an experience that promises multiple wonders to visitors. One can not only get to spend time in a traditional Arabian desert camp but can also indulge in activities like Dune Bashing, Dune Driving, and so much more.
So, do you fancy a desert adventure in the heart of Saudi Arabia? Here's all you need to know about the desert safari experience in Riyadh.
Safari In Riyadh: Different Types To Look Forward To
There’s nothing better than enjoying an adventurous safari in the heart of Riyadh. With top-end cars, serene desert landmarks, and a number of adventure activities to indulge in, fun is always around the corner for travelers. So, here’s what you need to know about the various types of desert safaris available for the choice of travelers.
Evening Safari Riyadh
There's something special about the capital of Saudi Arabia when it comes to an evening safari. The desert in Riyadh offers some enchanting views of the sandy terrain while one can gaze at the amazing sunset view in the evening. The safari begins from the visitor's location as the highly professional drivers pick you up from your location. Once the safari begins, one can expect to enjoy activities like Dune Driving, Dune Bashing, sandboarding, and so on.
In fact, a major reason why an evening safari in Riyadh competes directly with some of the top attractions in the UAE is because of the mesmerizing evening sky that visitors get to embrace during the tour. While no safari is complete without a camel ride, one can enjoy a BBQ dinner in a traditional Arabian tent too which is worth every moment.
What To Expect On An Evening Riyadh Desert Safari?
Here's what one can normally expect during the evening safari in Riyadh.
- The safari begins with the visitors being picked up from their location. Be it a hotel, airport, or any other place, professional drivers are there to pick you up and drive you to the safari site. It is interesting to note that only 4X4 vehicles are used for the safari as only such types of vehicles can be driven on the desert sand.
- The very first activity that travelers get to try on the Riyadh desert safari is Dune Bashing. This is an activity that not only gives you the thrills of the desert but is also full of fun.
- Travelers are normally served a traditional cup of coffee along with dates upon their arrival. This is, in fact, your chance to sit and embrace the majestic desert views with your loved ones.
- Done with your cup of coffee? Well, it's time for the camel ride. One of the best things about enjoying your time in the desert is that you get to ride a camel. As travelers put it themselves, no safari in Riyadh is complete without a camel ride. Discover the wonders of Riyadh as you trek the desert, riding a camel.
- Enjoy activities like sandboarding, sand sledding, sand skiing, and so on as part of the whole experience. Want to truly experience the traditional ways of the Arab world? Put on your traditional costume and have a photoshoot in the desert.
- Although there's a lot to enjoy during the whole evening desert safari in Riyadh, the evening BBQ dinner still deserves a special mention. What's better than enjoying a BBQ under the starry sky? Well, you get it all here.
Suggested Read: Desert Safari In Dubai: Your Handy Guide To Fascinating Adventures
Overnight Riyadh Desert Safari
Now here's an interesting thing, there are multiple types of Riyadh desert safari tours that travelers can look forward to but not many beat the fun involved with an overnight safari in the desert. In fact, the overnight safari is considered to be the most complete safari of all as travelers get to enjoy multiple adventures during the whole tour. As far as activities are concerned, one can find multiple things to do in Saudi Arabia during the overnight safari.
Normally, this is the safari that involves attractions like belly dancing and the experience of falconry in the middle of the desert. What is vital to note here is that belly dancing is an attraction that is usually not offered during the month of Ramadan. Hence, travelers planning to head on a desert safari in Riyadh during the holy month of Ramadan are advised to check the inclusions with the concerned authorities.
What To Expect On An Overnight Riyadh Desert Safari?
- Much like the other desert safaris in the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries, the overnight safari too begins with the visitors being picked from their desired location by professional drivers.
- After the pick up, travelers are then taken to the safari site for a thrilling session of Dune Bashing. Interestingly, there are many top places to visit in Riyadh for adventure activities. Hence, travelers can expect to have the best possible time with their loved ones.
- On their way to the campsite, travelers get to enjoy Dune bashing in 4X4 vehicles. Nothing beats the thrills of passing through the golden sand dune landscape as the vehicle rushes through.
- One done with Dune Bashing, it is now time to head to the campsite. Travelers upon reaching the site are served a traditional cup of coffee along with juicy dates which are highly popular in the Arab world as far as food is concerned. This is a chance for visitors to sit down, relax and embrace the majestic views of the desert.
- Now if you're in the desert for an overnight safari, enjoying a camel ride is vital by all means and one cannot possibly afford to miss the fun. Camel ride begins right from the camp site as travelers trek the desert on a camel, watching the amazing views of the desert.
- Once done with the camel ride, travelers can now spend time under the majestic night sky in the desert. The best part? To add to the overall experience, travelers are served a BBQ dinner. As for the mornings, visitors are served traditional breakfast at the campsite.
Travelers opting for the overnight safari can also enjoy a number of other attractions like traditional costume photo shoots, sand skiing, sand boarding, shisha smoking, and so much more.
Suggested Read: Top Places To Visit In Saudi Arabia For An Exciting Vacation
Morning Desert Safari In Riyadh
Now here's a question, are you short of time? Want to discover the desert terrains on a safari but haven't got time to experience it? Well, the morning safari is at your rescue. Usually beginning from around 8 AM in the morning, the safari offers travelers an amazing opportunity to watch the mesmerizing sunrise and to indulge in a number of activities.
One can begin by having a thrilling session of Dune Bashing, one of the most popular activities to try in the region.
From the fun of sandboarding and sand sledding to a nice breakfast in the middle of the desert, the morning desert safari has it all. One can expect a photoshoot in the traditional Arabian costume as well alongside various other activities. So, what's the delay, book your morning safari today in case you're running short of time.
What To Expect On A Morning Riyadh Desert Safari?
- Much like the other safaris, travelers are picked up from their present location and taken to the safari site.
- Enjoy activities like Dune Bashing, sandboarding and so much more as you spend your time enjoying the Arabian desert. In fact, not just for the activities, but morning Safari in Riyadh is also known for its scintillating views of the sunrise.
- As discussed earlier, no safari is complete without camel riding and the morning desert safari offers just that. There's a different feel to the whole experience as one gets to see the amazing sunrise in the desert.
- Once the whole tour is complete, visitors are then dropped back to their hotel of any other precise location.
Suggested Read: Experience The Thrill Safari Desert In Qatar For Your Holidays
The capital of Saudi Arabia and one of the most perfect cities to visit in the Middle East, a desert safari in Riyadh is an experience of a lifetime and promises all the wonders that one can expect on a holiday. From the fun of Dune Bashing and sandboarding to a BBQ dinner in the middle of the desert, visitors get it all. In fact, a safari through the desert isn't just about camping and camel ride. Visitors get to enjoy a number of other attractions as well like belly dancing, falconry, and so on. So, if you're on your vacation in Saudi Arabia and wondering about a desert safari, visit Riyadh to experience the fun. Book your plane ticket to Saudi Arabia today and enjoy a desert safari like never before.
The safari begins with the visitors being picked up from their location. Be it a hotel, airport, or any other place, professional drivers are there to pick you up and drive you to the safari site. It is interesting to note that only 4X4 vehicles are used for the safari as only such types of vehicles can be driven on the desert sand.
Yes, one of the best things about enjoying your time in the desert is that you get to ride a camel. As travelers put it themselves, no safari in Riyadh is complete without a camel ride. Discover the wonders of Riyadh as you trek the desert, riding a camel.
If you wish to discover the desert terrains on a safari but haven't got time to experience it, Well, morning safari is at your rescue. Usually beginning from around 8 AM in the morning, the safari offers travelers an amazing opportunity to watch the mesmerizing sunrise and to indulge in a number of activities.
Yes, belly dancing is one of the major attractions even on a safari in Saudi Arabia and most safari tours that last till evening offer it. However, it is important to note that belly dancing isn't usually available during the holy month of Ramadan. Hence, travelers are advised to keep a notice of the same.
Although the duration of stay clearly depends on the travel choices, one can still look to spend about 1-2 days in Riyadh which is the capital of Saudi Arabia and has multiple things to do for visitors.
Having become a major financial hub of the country in recent years, Riyadh is also famous for its golden sand dunes, top of the line shopping places, and heritage sites alongside other things.
The overnight desert safari in Riyadh begins around the time of the evening with travelers being picked up and gets over the next morning around 8 AM with the visitors dropped off at their location.
Yes, travelers are normally served a traditional cup of coffee along with dates upon their arrival. This is, in fact, your chance to sit and embrace the majestic desert views with your loved ones. Besides this, a BBQ dinner is served during the evening or overnight safari.